This article will consider the functionality of VPN services and problems with activation ExpressVPN.
The purpose of using VPN
VPN is the common name for virtual private networks that are created on top of other networks that have a lower level of trust. VPN-tunnel, which is created between two nodes, allows the connected client to be a full member of the remote network and use its services – internal sites, databases, printers, Internet access policies. The security of information transmission over public networks is realized through encryption, as a result of which a closed channel for information exchange is created.
Simply put, it is a technology that allows you to provide one or more network connections on top of the core network. But let’s dwell a little on the word “private network”. What is “private”, too, seems obvious – is not public, and therefore private. So in this network is not any node, but only allowed. If you dig a little deeper, this component is the most important.
Express VPN is one of the most popular VPN applications that you can use on a Windows computer. The service is also available as an extension for the Google Chrome browser.
- Connect to a VPN extension in the browser with one click.
- Redirect the flow of Internet traffic outside the VPN, in the event that your VPN connection suddenly drops.
- It is capable of working with any operating system or platform.
- Works with modern encryption systems.
- Available worldwide in almost all countries.
- Up to 5 simultaneous connections.
- Protection against interception of logins or passwords in public WI-FI points
Common problems during ExpressVPN activation and how to deal with it?
VPN is especially optimized for speed and connectivity. As such, it is the preferred choice of many computer users for disguising and circumventing geographic restrictions on the Internet. However, for some reason, ExpressVPN won’t connect after the update. And no matter how many times you try to reconnect, it just goes blank. This is not common, but when it does, it can be very frustrating.
There can be the following issues:
- You get a .Net error when installing ExpressVPN
- ExpressVPN cannot be installed due to incomplete uninstallation
- You are stuck on the activation screen
This connection error can be caused by various factors such as incomplete installation or updates, virus or malware attacks, and system configurations.
To fix this issue, we’ll go over some of the most reliable troubleshooting methods that you can use to fix the error. They are the following:
- Check your internet connection. Without a stable internet connection, ExpressVPN is technically useless.
- Restart your computer. This is the first line of action when trying to fix any errors on computers.
- Try connecting to a different ExpressVPN server. The main purpose of this solution is to check if the connection issue is server-exclusive or not.
- Change VPN protocol. There are quite a few VPN connection protocols out there. The most notable among these are L2TP / IPSec, TCP, UDP, OpenVPN, and PPTP. These protocols are supported on almost all servers.
- Disable firewall and other AV software on your PC. The antivirus program can restrict the Internet connection if this feature is enabled. In this case, ExpressVPN will not connect, no matter how many times you try.
After the connection is restored, you can reinstall the programs and configure them to provide access to ExpressVPN.